For Backup Radar billing purposes, a Server is defined as any device type that is not a Workstation or Office365/Google backup. Backup Radar allows a limited number of free devices in the Workstation and/or Office 365 and Google backups; up to your plan subscription count.
Some examples of backups we parse as 1 Server
- A single physical server = 1 Server
- NAS Backup Device = 1 Server
- Phone system backup = 1 Server
- If multiple phone systems are included in one email notification, this will result in one server for each phone system
- A host server with 10 Virtual Machines (VMs) = 10 Servers
- Web server backup email (per site name) = 1 Server
- For Workstation backups these are a 1 to 1 license ration. If you pay for a 100 server plan, you get up to 100 workstations included in your plan.
Office 365 / Google Workspace Backups
- For Office 365 / Google Workspace (ie. Sharepoint, OneDrive, Google docs, email, etc.) backups, each individual item is considered one license. A 100 server plan equals up to 100 Office 365/Google Workspace backups.
Virtual Machines (VM)
- Backup Radar will process one physical server when a host server sends a report which only includes the main host, and no VMs.
- If the report contains the VM data, then it will be parsed as separate servers. We will not make adjustments to the report to process only one host. This allows us to provide the most accurate data for your backups.
We regularly audit the device types with logic to ensure that everyone is utilizing the platform fairly. Please note that if you intentionally miscategorize a device to avoid licensing costs your account may be subject to suspension.
A User is defined as any person with access to your Backup Radar account with permissions that can view and adjust backups.
Backup Radar is designed to be quick and easy to get started. After you sign up you will receive an @backupradar.net email address that you can begin emailing in reports for supported vendors.
We also provide you with three one-on-one onboarding sessions to ensure you are set up effectively, easing the transition to our system.
To create a request for a non-supported product please open a Support ticket and provide a success and failure email report. Usually it will only take us 1-2 business days to create. You may continue sending in your backup emails. Backup Radar will parse them all once we have logic written so you won’t have to resend any prior emails.
Backup Radar will automatically and continuously parse any new reports that arrive into the provided email inbox.
Backup Radar has an auto-refresh option that can be selected so the data shown on large monitors or TV screens will auto-update periodically. The dashboard page is a popular menu that gets displayed in an network operations center.
Backup Radar has been designed with mobile phones and tablets in mind. We developed responsive views for the mobile platform that will automatically adjust on mobile devices.
Backup Radar currently supports PSAs: ConnectWise, Datto Autotask, Kaseya BMS, ServiceNow, and SyncroMSP.
We currently support RMMs: N-Able RMM and N-Central.
We continue to look for ways to better service our clients’ needs, and plan to support other PSAs and RMMs in the future.
We offer monthly subscription fees based on the number of servers you are backing up, and there is a discount to anyone who wishes to make an annual commitment. You are able to cancel at anytime.
Our one-time On-boarding fee cannot be waived. This initial fee, along with the monthly subscription fees, have been carefully designed to ensure our award-winning services and platform continue to meet and support your needs.
The On-boarding fee includes the following items to ensure a successful experience with our platform:
- Setup of the Backup Radar portal
- Assistance with API integrations for your supported applications
- Access to our engineers to work with your team on best practices
- Customization of your account
- 3 one-on-one on-boarding/consulting sessions
- Technical support for the duration of the subscription.
Requirements & Integration
Our cloud services are based in Microsoft Azure and are Geo-Redundant. These data centers have been audited to SOC 1/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 standards and meet PCI DSS Level 1 and HIPAA requirements. For more information please see the compliance link below:
All communication between your browser and our servers will be encrypted. All account information is encrypted at rest as well. We do not store any credit card information in our system. Data can be permanently removed at anytime on request from a client to comply with regulations or client directions.
Our system supports Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, and Duo and they are built into the system. Normal setup contains an email address and password but you are welcome (and we recommend) that you further secure it with MFA.
Backup Radar was designed for 99.999% service availability with geo-redundant storage and databases on the Azure platform. Since inception we have never had an outage of over 30 minutes.
Absolutely! We have an EU based full setup of Backup Radar for clients who would like their data stored in the EU.
Backup Radar has now enabled the single sign-on capabilities with Microsoft Authentication, Azure ADO and Google. It also has whitelisting capabilities of domains and Azure tenants.
We fully support ConnectWise Cloud and On Premise partners.
Our software is tested on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari both for desktop and mobile. It is also compatible in Opera and Internet Explorer. If you do have a preference not listed that doesn’t work please let us know.
No, there is no server infrastructure needed. Backup Radar is only offered as a SaaS platform.