For Backup Radar billing purposes, a Server is defined as any device type that is not a Workstation or Office365/Google backup. Backup Radar allows a limited number of free devices in the Workstation and/or Office 365 and Google backups; up to your plan subscription count.
Some examples of backups we parse as 1 Server
- A single physical server = 1 Server
- NAS Backup Device = 1 Server
- Phone system backup = 1 Server
- If multiple phone systems are included in one email notification, this will result in one server for each phone system
- A host server with 10 Virtual Machines (VMs) = 10 Servers
- Web server backup email (per site name) = 1 Server
- For Workstation backups these are a 1 to 1 license ration. If you pay for a 100 server plan, you get up to 100 workstations included in your plan.
Office 365 / Google Workspace Backups
- For Office 365 / Google Workspace (ie. Sharepoint, OneDrive, Google docs, email, etc.) backups, each individual item is considered one license. To provide additional benefit to our clients, we offer a 3 to 1 server license for these. A 100 server plan equals up to 300 Office 365/Google Workspace backups.
Virtual Machines (VM)
- Backup Radar will process one physical server when a host server sends a report which only includes the main host, and no VMs.
- If the report contains the VM data, then it will be parsed as separate servers. We will not make adjustments to the report to process only one host. This allows us to provide the most accurate data for your backups.
We regularly audit the device types with logic to ensure that everyone is utilizing the platform fairly. Please note that if you intentionally miscategorize a device to avoid licensing costs your account may be subject to suspension.